overheard on vibrant nation
- Where to shop for low-carb foods ~ dianeperazzo
- Have you ever had a mystical experience? My story ~ Evie
- The perfect swimsuit? ~ Renee
our blog circle
16 things every woman should know and do by 50
Inspired by the article, “30 things every woman should know and do by 30,” a few of us started our own list. What would you add to the list?
family & relationships
How I shed my toxic friends
Years ago I came to the awareness that I was attracted to friends who were destructive to my sense of self.
After much soul-searching, I took full responsibility for having chosen them and shooed them out of my life.
~ Sheila Weinstein
- Marrying after 50? Why you need a prenup ~ Dallas Lady
- How I reconnected with my creative side ~ photogirl
- I want something unusual done to my hair! ~ Vivienne McNeny
health & fitness
HRT: To replace, or not to replace?
After the cancer scare a while back, I decided against any type of hormone treatment during menopause.
But now at 62, I’m moody and have trouble concentrating. Is HRT worth the risks?
arts & entertainment
Mad Men: Why I love Betty Draper
I can relate to Betty’s character. Her struggle with her identity as a housewife, her barely controlled anger — the fact that she’s now attending Weight Watchers meetings.
~ Sharon Greenthal
postcards to our younger selves
What would you write in a postcard to your younger self? Read more postcards — or write your own!
Rest assured, we don't send spam and your info is never shared with 3rd parties.