Adult Stepchildren Become Greedy Nightmare After Death Of Their Father Most Liked Hot Conversation

Hello, my ex-husband was my best friend. We divorced in 2002 because he did not want me implicated in tax difficulties dating back many years. We remained very close and continued to work and live together until he developed cancer for a second time.

I’m grieving deeply for this man.His grown chiildren (43 and 47) have become a nightmare of avarice and greed. While their dad lay dying in hospice with me by his side, they ransacked our home and stole everything, I mean everything. All my life I’ve been very generous with these people. I cannot afford a lawyer as I have a disability and my income is now quite low. It hasn’t always been this way; I was healthy and vital when the adult kids were young, and we had a lovely family life. Now the “kids” won’t speak to me. The elder of the 2 has threatened to blow my face off with a shotgun. I have reported him, of course. He’s a human time bomb.

The things that they took include our wedding gifts, hundreds of first edition books, antique Scottish bedroom furniture that I had shipped from Edinburgh at great expense, paintings, my wedding china, my mother’s wedding china, rare textiles, everything you can imagine. I don’t know if they’ve sold it or what they’ve done with it. No one will give me the same answer twice, and now there is no communication at all. Yes, they are “just things” but they are MY things, and this is the worst violation I have ever experienced.

I simply don’t know what to do. I realize I must speak with a lawyer, but what kind of lawyer? I’ve never had a legal wrangle in my life. The antique china and textiles that they stole are my means of making a living. I buy and sell antiques, appraise them, and sell them. Their dad and I did this for years. Can anyone suggest anything I might be able to do to find out if my belongings still exist? And where they might be? I’m sick at heart, not just because of material goods, but that these people who supposedly loved me would commit such an act of betrayal.

My ex did not have a will, he died so fast, and quite honestly I never dreamt that his kids would plunder our belongings. Any words of advice would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

12 like

Posted in family & relationships, work & money.

Related posts:

  1. Addicted Father and Visitation Issues
  2. A nightmare packaged in a DREAM
  3. Sewing projects
  4. keeping in contact with stepchildren after divorce ??
  5. Gendercide–Singling out females for death

add your responses

28 Responses

  1. Generic Image Karen27 says

    Beth, I’m sorry for your loss. What a terrible situation to have to be dealing with these vultures while you are trying to deal with your grief.

    You must contact an Estate attorney to help you through this. I realize your funds are limited, however you need to protect yourself. You didn’t mention whether you are living in a house that you and your husband owned or rented, but if you owned it, it’s only a matter of time before these nasty vultures come swooping in for it.

    If some of the items they took were specifically yours and your alone, like heirlooms from your family, I would contact the police and report the theft immediately. Tell them these individuals came into your home and specifically STOLE your possessions (i.e. your wedding china, your mother’s china). You’ve experienced a theft, whether you knew who the thief was is irrelevant. Also, I know you stated that you reported the one son for “threatening to blow your face off” but you must report it again along with the theft. Perhaps you can seek a restraining order against him. He sounds like a raging lunatic and loose cannon. This is not a time to be meek; a person must never ignore these types of threats, we live in a world where people have simply lost their minds and commit horrible crimes.

    So, contact an attorney. Try to find someone who will work with you. Call friends/associates for advice, if they know someone. Obviously, this isn’t a time for any shame or embarrassment, just present the situation honestly. You must seek help and seek it now. Then, make a police report as to your stolen items. If you give the police the addresses of the “thieves” they can obtain a warrant to go into THEIR houses and retrieve your items. Also take time to sit and make a clear, concise list of all items they’ve taken and any items currently in the house of value that they may take in the future. Get a camera and take photographs of the house and any remaining items of value.

    Good luck to you and sending love for your grief. Please, seek legal advice and call the police. They may try to sell the house from under you at any moment.

    9 like

    • Generic Image Anonymous says

      Karen, I just subscribed to the forum and I am appalled and saddened about Beth’s story.  I may be faced with something similar should my husband precedes me in death since his daughter (42) has declared that our house and its contents are hers by law (she is not on the deed).  She has also threatened me with death and has attacked me in the past, yes I have filed a report with the police.  I have always helped her in many forms, including monetary gifts, and saved her children from CPS when she was sent to prison for child endangerment. Why then, does she hate me so much?
      Have you kept in touch with Beth?  Is so, how is she doing?  Legal Eagle certainly was a great help, too.

      1 like

  2. Generic Image Anikay says

    I would call the police and report the theft of your items immediately. also 2 your/spouses insurance agent. I know you are grieiving, shocked, disappointed and appalled but you must overcome all of those feelings if only for fleeting moments to protect yourself. As the other poster stated, you did not mention whether or not the home was in both your names or just his, but I suspect the latter since they felt so comfortable entering and availling themselves. I suspect it  is beacuse you two were no longer legally married they felt they had a right to what they decided was “dad’s”

    death can  often  brings out the worse behavior. I am so sorry you were taken advantage of in this manner.

    Report the theft and the threat. Inquire around in your community for legal aide for seniors and 4 those on a fixed income. Many of the community centers which offer senior services, recreation etc..also provide reduced cost legal aide. Another source could be nearby law schools. Call and ask for referrals for fixed income senior citizens.

    Document the actions that have occurred up til now as accurately as you recall them. Tell a diary detailing future events. Tape phone calls from either step child. Let someone else in on your dilemma as well as your pursuit for justice. At minimum you deserve of the things that were yours.

    Take care of yourself physically and emtionally by exercising and mediating. good luck


    8 like

  3. Beth_B Beth_B says

    Hello, thank you both so much for this invaluable advice. The house was a cottage in the country which we rented from a friend. It’s been stripped bare, and I have moved to Sonoma, bought new (new to me at any rate) things on Craigslist in the interim, and am trying to work through these horrors with the help of dear friends. However, lawyers fees are beyond my financial means at this time. I can manage perhaps a couple of 1-hour consultations, but that’s about it. As I recently turned 60 on June 9th, perhaps I am now considered a senior, I don’t know. But I do receive Social Security Disability for an illness called Lupus. I’ve lived with this diagnosis and its various ups and downs since 1984. There must be an Estate attorney out there somewhere who can assist me. I will most definitely file a police report in the county where the theft took place. Our landlady saw the elder son driving away with a truck full of my belongings. My husband was so ill, we didn’t think to get anything in writing. But I can certainly identify the items as mine in photographs, and by receipts. I keep receipts for everything. As for the china and family heirlooms, I can describe them in ways that no one else would know or begin to understand: back-stamps on the china, intricacies of the textiles, and details of the furniture, as well as every nuance of each hand-painted wine glass and painting, every pillow, chair, rug, what have you. I’m so very upset and angry, I’ve dragged my feet, hoping that these monstrous “kids” would find kindness in their hearts and we could divide the belongings. But to be invaded so heartlessly is beyond my comprehension. Their dad and I were screenwriters and they’ve apparently thrown away everything we’ve written, though thankfully I have most of it on hard drive. My personal journals have been taken, and probably thrown away. My books cannot be replaced. They took absolutely everything, and not only from the house. They took everything from a storage unit that was in their father’s name but was full of inventory that I selected and purchased for resale. I’m demented by this drama. It’s after 4:00 a.m. as I write this. Obviously I don’t sleep well at all, and I’m constantly throwing up due to the stress of this invasion. Thank you both so much for just letting me unload. This alone is so helpful, to know that total strangers would reach out with wonderful advice in my hour of need. I’ll definitely keep you posted. Heart felt thanks! ~ Beth xxx

    2 like

  4. Beth_B Beth_B says

    Oh, one more thing: the younger of the two is a female, aged 43, who was once married to a cop. Her house is full of my belongings. I did not give them to her, she took them when I was working overseas. Her ex-husband, the cop (DEA agent in San Francisco) has an antique sideboard that was a wedding gift to me from my late husband, and 2 very valuable Scottish engravings that were gifts to me from a former employer, now deceased. I can describe these items to a tee, all of them, no matter in whose home they happen to be. Somewhere I have the receipts for the Scottish prints. But these people, including the cop, keep using the phrase, “possession is nine tenths of the law; good luck!” — they’re rubbing my nose in this. I never gave them my things. They helped themselves. And their dad thought them to be decent people who would return my belongings when I returned from the UK. The daughter recently sent me a message that said if I try to take anything from her house I’ll be met with police, guns drawn. What makes them so greedy? Why can’t they buy their own things? I was a successful furniture designer for years, had things made, and they are now in the homes of these dreadful step-kids. There must be SOME way I can prove these things are mine. My God, this is just awful. I’m apoplectic with grief and rage. ~ Beth

    2 like

    • zsa zsa zsa zsa says

      Your plight is incomprehensible. These people, (and I use the term loosely), should not be allowed to use our air space.  What they stole from you is so, so much more than even the irreplaceable treasures and history of your past. I cannot fathom the extent of your grief.  Helplessness is defined as being deprived  of strength or power. You have been stripped of neither.  I read a strong, undefeatable spirit in your words. One in which shall prevail. I see you standing tall, shoulders back, chin up, ready to face the next challenge. Your silouhette is profound. In fact, it looks mighty familiar.

      1 like

      • Beth_B Beth_B says

        Hi Zsa Zsa, thanks so much for your words of support. Do I look familiar to you? Do we know each other? It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve met an old friend or colleague online. You’re very kind. I believe I am strong, and whatever the outcome of this debacle, I will know some sort of victory. All the best to you! Beth

        0 like

  5. Generic Image Karen27 says

    Oh gosh, from the sound of it, what dreadful human beings.  Not that this is any comfort at a time like this, but people who live their lives in this manner always wind up doing themselves in, one way or another.  It will catch up to them.

    Back to you – again, I don’t know what else to add except that now knowing you have lupus, it is critical that you do try and relax and release, you must keep your immune system balanced.  I know those are words and it’s much harder than that, but make an effort every single day, even trying to get some sleep.  

    The fact that you can identify each and every item is great – as a matter of fact, if you are up and restless, hop on the computer (if you haven’t done so already) and type out sheets of descriptions.  

    Each state should have “Legal Aid” in place.  You can google for your state, get the number and reach out.  Truthfully, it may be a “hit or miss” as to how much help you’ll get, but I will tell you a few years back a friend of mine was going through a messy situation with an unscrupulous debt collector and she reached out to Legal Aid in my state — they were actually very helpful to her, followed up, connected her with procedures and laws, etc.  They didn’t just drop her.  So, by all means, give it a try.

    As for “possession being 9/10th of the law” — what imbeciles.  Does that mean they could come and remove the car from my driveway, giving them “possession” after I have paid for it, and have the legal title in my name?  How absurd.  That law is in effect for unclaimed items without any rightful owner.

    And, don’t let that little witch threaten you with “her ex and his big police badge” … police fall all of the time.  Crooked cops can get away with a lot, but they are also cited and made examples of.  

    Again, the first place I would start would be to file the theft report… explain to the officer taking the notes exactly what happened and how she (your stepdaughter) “threatened you with the understanding that her ex is a cop.”  That might give them the extra added fuel to the fire to get this woman.  It makes them look bad.   Start at “square one” and take each day at a time with this, chip away at it.  

    Remember something, it may not happen immediately, but the truth always prevails.  Good luck and do try and release some of the “grief and rage” to benefit for your health.

    2 like

    • Beth_B Beth_B says

      Hi Karen, I’m about to file the police report right now, by phone at least. I’m not sure if I need to do this in person or not. I do know that I must be pro-active and not a victim. I don’t feel like a victim, but I do feel lied to, used and hurt. I’ll keep you updated. Forgot to mention, my husband wanted to be cremated and have his ashes spread on the hills above Malibu where we rode our horses for many happy years. I offered to pay for cremation and a memorial service, but was shot down by the son, who abandoned his dad’s body at the mortuary, forcing them to donate the remains to science. I’m simply appalled at these selfish rednecks, with their threats and deceit. To not honor the wishes of a dying parent is the worst sort of offense against humanity. Okay, time to call the cops. Will check in later. Many thanks for your wisdom and kind words of encouragement. Your friend, Beth

      0 like

  6. Generic Image Karen27 says

    Oh gosh, these kids really are dreadful Beth, how terrible of them not to honor your husband’s burial wishes.  

    Good luck.  My thought is it might be better to file the report in person, simply because one-on-one, face to face communication is usually more effective.  Certainly call if that’s what you feel inspired to do right now and have the energy for, but follow up in person.  I find that with phone calls, you never know who is on the other line and if they are the appropriate person to be speaking with.  If you go in, they are more apt to connect you with the proper person.

    Good luck, keep us posted and take care of your health!

    2 like

    • Beth_B Beth_B says

      Hi Karen, I’ll need to initiate the report via telephone, as the cottage where we lived is nearly a 3 hour drive away. I’ll ask them if they wish to see me in person, and if so, I can drive up next week. Tomorrow I’m going to Carmel and Monterey to visit college friends. I need this diversion, and the warmth of my friends, now more than ever. It will be good for me to get out of the house. I came to live in Sonoma because when my husband was so ill, he was sent by ambulance to a hospital near the cottage we shared. He was then transferred to a nearby nursing home, where he suffered a fall while trying to get to the bathroom. This fall caused bleeding in the brain and he needed to be transferred to a hospital very close to where I was working, so I moved closer to the hospital. He was then discharged to another nursing home, also close to me, and died on the morning of June 14th. No one else saw him regularly. I was there most days. My heart is in my throat, but I’m going to place that call now and follow up next week. I fear the eldest son is truly dangerous. Thanks again for your kindness. ~ Beth

      0 like

  7. Beth_B Beth_B says

    Well, I just got off the phone with the police, and they say I haven’t a leg to stand on because there was no will. So these vultures will need to live with themselves for having committed this atrocious act of greed. The deputy suggested it may behoove me to contact a civil attorney, but with nothing in writing an attorney would likely be a waste of time, as well as money I don’t have. All I can do is drop the matter and try to get on with living. I feel sick.

    0 like

  8. Generic Image Karen27 says

    Oh gosh… I expected them to have that attitude with your husband’s property, since you and he were legally divorced and there was no will, but for your personal items?  Your items were yours, not even your husbands and were heirlooms… terrible!  

    If this is a dead end, don’t make yourself sick.  But, I would make one more call to Legal Aid and this time don’t even mention any “community type” property that you and your husband shared, since there was no will.  Make mention of the things that were exclusively yours alone, and that these people took them.  See what they have to say, it’s only a phone call.

    Otherwise, you’re right, you must try and get on with living.  You live in a beautiful area of California (I’ve been there) and you need to concentrate on making your life good for you now.  Stay strong Beth!

    2 like

  9. Generic Image Legaleagle1 says

    Dear Beth_B,

    I stumbled across your post by accident, and find the situation outrageous! I want to mention a legal avenue that you may not have considered: Small Claims Court.

    It is true that because you and your husband were divorced, you do not have the right to inherit any of HIS separate property. When someone dies without a will, they die “intestate” (with no will). Your state’s “intestacy” statutes determine who inherits what in this situation. In CA, the assets of a person who dies without a will and without a spouse go to his children, in equal shares. Here is a chart showing the CA intestacy rules: http://www.lyster.com/estates/post_mortem_probate/intestacy_chart.htm. So your husband’s children are entitled to inherit HIS separate property.

    However, they have NO right to take YOUR property! Even if you and he were not married, you are still entitled to keep whatever property you brought into the relationship. This is called your “separate property.” His children have no legal right to it – even if it was in your joint house (or even if the house belonged to your husband – they still have no right to keep your property upon his death).

    Also, if you and he purchased property together (you stated that you worked together on an antiques business), you are entitled to whatever share (%) of the property that you paid for. You wrote that you keep all your receipts. This is a VERY helpful thing to show that you paid a certain % of the value of whatever property you are seeking to get back from his kids. 

    So far it seems as if you’ve only considered criminal remedies (calling the police regarding the theft). If you want to get your property back (or get them to pay for it), you should consider CIVIL remedies – namely, Small Claims Court. Small Claims Court is a way for people who are not lawyers to quickly resolves legal disputes without the need for lawyers. In California, you can file a “claim” (your complaint) in Small Claims Court as long as the value of your claim (all the items you are seeking to get back from his children) is less than $10,000. If it is more than $10,000, you need to go through the regular court process, for which you will need a lawyer, due to the complexity. 

    Based on your story, what his adult children have done to you by taking your property is a legal wrong (a “tort” – the private, civil equivalent of a crime) called “conversion.” It is the civil equivalent of theft. Conversion occurs when someone intentionally takes your property for a substantial period of time without your consent. Here is the CA legal definition of conversion:http://www.justia.com/trials-litigation/docs/caci/2100/2100.html” href=”http:// http//www.justia.com/trials-litigation/docs/caci/2100/2100.html” rel=”nofollow”> http://www.justia.com/trials-litigation/docs/caci/2100/2100.html

    You can go to Small Claim Court by yourself and file a complaint against the children for conversion of your property. You will need to fill out several (relatively) simple forms, which are on the CA Court System’s website and which I will link to shortly. You will need to file them with your local Small Claims Court clerk. You will need to serve a copy of all the papers you file on each of the children (Note: You yourself should not and cannot actually do this. Get a friend to do it for you.) 

    If you want to pursue this remedy, here are some resources to help you:

    You said you live in Sonoma. Here is a link to the FREE Small Claims Advisors Service for Sonoma County. You can visit them in person or call them on the phone. Their contact info is in the linked page. This service is at a local college and is part of the Small Claims Court system: http://www.empcol.edu/small-claims-advice

    Here is a link to some basic information about the CA Small Claims Court system: http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims.htm/1256.htm

    Here is a link to step-by-step instructions on how to sue someone by yourself in Small Claims Court: http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims.htm/1007.htm

    Here are all the forms you will need to fill out, file with the court, and serve on the children. Make sure you also check the link about which court to file in! http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims.htm/9744.htm

    This may all seem overwhelming. I really suggest that you go to the Small Claims Advisors link that I sent. They will help you the most! They have LOTS of experience with this, they work for the court system and they are FREE. You may even be able to avoid going to court by simply sending the children a demand letter or going through mediation with them. As long as you show you are willing to stand up for your rights! Though you don’t have a right to your ex-husband’s property, you DO have a right to your own, especially anything you owned prior to your marriage. Don’t let them take that away from you.

    One last note: Do this soon! The sooner, the better. Conversion has a 3 year statute of limitations. After that, you lose the legal right to reclaim your things. 


    6 like

  10. Generic Image Legaleagle1 says

    Beth_B, One more thing I forgot to mention. If you properly file a claim against the children in Small Claims Court and properly serve them with the papers, they MUST respond to the claim. This forces them to deal with what they have done. If they do not respond and do not appear in court on the designated date, they will “default” on the claim. That means you win by default! Don’t let them scare you just because the daughter’s husband is a cop. That doesn’t make them above the law.


    3 like

    • Beth_B Beth_B says

      Wonderful information, Legaleagle1!! Thank you! I will absolutely file against the “adult kids” in Small Claims Court. I hope it can wait until Monday as I’m going to a college reunion tomorrow and I desperately need the love and companionship of my college friends. My “advisor” is on vacation until the first week in August. He too feels that Small Claims Court is the way to go, and he is located in the county where the offense took place. I’ve not been able to get to his office because my illness has suffered an extreme flare and until last Sunday I was hospitalized with an inflamed heart sac (endocarditis) which is secondary to lupus, and flares in times of turmoil and stress. I do have hundreds of receipts. If my ex’s children have sold everything, will I be able to recoup financial loss? I can describe everything to the last detail. Their father would be desperately ashamed of them, and I am as mad as a wet hen. But I’m capable of following through at the beginning of next week. Bless you for your invaluable information and support, one and all! Best wishes ~ Beth

      0 like

      • Generic Image Legaleagle1 says

        Beth, you’re more than welcome for the advice. I’m so glad to hear that you will be taking action on this next week. The sooner, the better so that they don’t have the chance to sell your things! Obviously, the best remedy would be to get your property back. But in the event that they do sell it, the short answer is yes, you can recover “damages” (money) from the children for the value of the property.

        The only complication in that case is that you have to prove to the court the amount of your damages (generally, the fair market value of the items). For the items that you have receipts for, this will be no problem – the receipts themselves will likely prove the fair market value of the property. However, for older items, such as your heirlooms, you will have to find a different way to prove their current value. But don’t worry about all that just yet – that step is still far down the line. Let’s just hope that you get a court date quick enough that they can’t sell anything off (court dates in Small Claims Court are generally 20 to 70 days after you file).

        A couple other good things to know that I thought of:

        If you win your claim, you can file a form with the court requesting that the judge order the children to pay your out-of-pocket costs in filing the claim and enforcing the judgment (which the judge usually grants, as long as the costs are reasonable). The costs you can get them to pay for include some fees you may have to pay to the court for filing and the cost of hiring someone to serve them with papers, if you choose to do hire someone to do it (that person is called a “process server”).

        Unfortunately, you can’t force them to pay your attorneys’ fees – but you cannot use and do not need an attorney in Small Claims Court!

        If the judge determines that they unlawfully took your property and you are entitled to get it back, you do not have to go get it yourself, nor do you have to wait for them to bring it to you. You file another form (lots of forms!) with the court called a Writ of Execution and bring it to the sheriff of the county where your property is located (the county the kids live in) and the sheriff will reclaim your property for you and return it to you!

        Also, if these “kids” unfortunately do end up selling your things, and the court issues a monetary judgment against them for the value of your things, they will have to pay interest on the judgment at the rate of 10% per year (so $1000 a year if your claim is $10,000) until they do pay it! That interest just keeps getting added on to the amount they owe you until they pay up. But first, relax during your weekend with your college friends and enjoy their support. Then on Monday, go to the Small Claims Court Advisors and file that claim! Best of luck to you.

        3 like

  11. Generic Image Karen27 says

    Just stopped by again and saw Legaleagle’s post — GREAT post Legal!  Very good advice and well thought out.  Beth, you can do this.  Good luck.

    2 like

  12. Beth_B Beth_B says

    My further thanks to LegalEagle for the links and advice. I believe I can gain some manner of satisfaction, even if it’s just the act of taking a position, sticking with it, and moving forward. I am heading off to my college reunion in about 2 hours, and my heart is decidedly lighter than it was when I began this thread. Many, many thanks to Karen, Zsa Zsa, and of course LegalEagle, whose legal knowledge, advice, and cool, common sense has helped me regain my emotional balance. You’ve all helped me tremendously. I thank you all from the depth of my heart.

    1 like

    • Anonymous Anonymous says

      I can sympathize with you as I am in a somewhat similar situation with my dad’s recent passing.One of my sisters took it upon herself to go to the funeral with her boyfriend and EXPECT us to foot the bill for her expenses as well as his .She has even hired a lawyer overseas who wants more money from each one of us.IT’S a MESS and I cannot afford to hire a lawyer for my share of the inheritance which I was going to give to my kids.Money is the root of all evil.GOOD LUCK.

      1 like

  13. Generic Image Sue, TOB says

    Call the police.  You have been robbed, and you know who robbed you…

    2 like

  14. Generic Image Anonymous says

    I am so sorry you are having such a hard time with your husband’s family.  Such ugliness after the death of a “loved one” proves who they are at their core.  For your health it would help to forgive them, however, forgiving a poison person does not mean letting them use or abuse you as they have.  They are now merely acquaintances who need to answer legally for theft of your possessions.
    Since the divorce was 10 years ago – and you have lived together that long afterward, doesn’t a California “common law” marriage apply – therefore YOU are entitled to the entire estate?  That may be an avenue to check out.

    1 like

  15. Generic Image auntbkaraoke says

    Karen, What a horrible situation. I am a Law Librarian and I wrote down all of my belongings, item by item and had my husband sign and date the itemized list. I didn’t want to have the same problem as you. I send you my best and hope an attorney can resolve this problem for you.

    1 like

  16. Generic Image julia Pavlicek says

    Honestly it is a horrible situation but it is just stuff. God says not to store up things that theives can break in and steal but let our treasures be in heaven. God will deal ever so severely with these kids just take care of yourself and your physical, emotional, and spiritual well being and let God take care of these kids. You will save yourself alot of more heartache and grief if you just move on with your life the best that you can and realize that your good memory’s are the best thing that you have and like I said let God deal with them.

    1 like

  17. Beth_B Beth_B says

    True, it is just stuff. But this particular stuff helped me supplement my income (and their father’s while he was alive) so for my own peace of mind, I must follow through with small claims. If that process offers me no satisfaction, I’ll drop the matter and chalk it up to a learning experience. I can’t let these very greedy and thoughtless people destroy my health. Bless you all for your helpful comments. Believe me, I’ve taken everything each of you has said to heart, and I will employ the collective wisdom of all. Thank you! xoxo

    2 like

  18. Generic Image Sunshine says

    I’ve been on this site for several years, but I have never seen such incredibly marvelous, valuable advice given as from Legal Eagle!   You are to be commended, Legal Eagle for taking the time to do this.  I worked as a Legal Assistant for a number of years and recognize a gold mine when I see one.  I am so glad Beth is willing to fight back.  It is just stuff, but, as you say, Beth, it represents what pays for the roof over your head and the food in your mouth.  Let us know how it goes.  I’m rooting for you.

    3 like

    • Beth_B Beth_B says

      Thank you for your support frizzylee! I’m still in the process of getting a court date, but I will carry this through to the end. I’m very touched that you commented on my plight. ~ Beth

      0 like

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Subscribe without commenting