After reading an article titled 30 Things Every Woman Should Know and Do by 30, watermusic and a few other VN members started a similar list for women in their fifties. What would you add to the list?
1. “Be able to make at least one incredible meal.
2. Have one OMG-you-are-so hot outfit and wear it regularly.
3. “Vacation alone…..and enjoy it.”
4. “Lose the fear of being alone.”
5. Surround yourself with funny women who can drop a curse word occasionally, dance with abandon, and do a shot…and keep that all to themselves when they get back from the conference.
6. Wear a swim suit on the beach and NOT CARE. After 15 minutes you realize someone has on a white thong and a tanning bed tan and is fatter and happier than you…so who cares!
7. Know when you have collected too much stuff and recycle at least some of it. With me, it’s definitely refrigerator magnets.
8. Accept your own tastes. If you prefer white kitchen appliances to stainless steel, them proudly show them off.
9. Know about comfy shoes as a great alternative to 4 or five-inch stilettos. Wear those comfy flats with attitude!
10. Throw out everything you don’t need, want, use, love.
11. Try something new, something that scares you.
12. Start to see yourself in a whole new light.
13. Become what you dreamed of becoming. Stop being afraid and go for it!
14. Allow yourself to be your favorite person.
15. Be kind to your favorite person.
16. Know that other people’s opinions mean nothing. Except for those you truly respect. Be true to yourself.
[These comments were originally posted in this conversation. ~ Eds.]
What would you add to this list?