VN: The Book
Largely misunderstood—and thus ignored—by marketers, the baby boomer woman has learned to navigate in a world that doesn’t speak to her as a consumer.
A world that sees her as a senior citizen striving to be 20 again.
A world that shrugs off her buying power.
Now, a groundbreaking book studies the behavior, wants, needs, and buying habits of women 50+. Written by the two marketing experts behind the #1 women’s boomer site, VibrantNation.com, this book will surprise the most senior of advertising executives with its frank information and advice about reaching this powerful audience segment.
- To receive a copy of the book in the mail, please complete the form at the bottom of this page and allow two weeks for delivery.
- To download an electronic copy of the book right now, enter your email address here:
Key insights into attitudes and behaviors of boomer women 50+ in the areas of:
- Health - While sex may frustrate Boomer Women, they are taking matters into their own hands.
- Beauty – Boomer Women remain willing to pay more for high quality beauty products even in the current economy.
- Fashion – Boomer Women are annoyed with poor retail service and are shifting purchases online.
- Travel - Boomer Women are travel industry’s most valuable consumers—they plan more, spend more and learn more.
- Finance - Trust is the key factor Boomer Women consider when selecting a financial advisor.
- Real Estate – Boomer Women are not yet ready for retirement living options. Active home ownership and gardening remain important.
- Food and Wine – Boomer Women are buying premium wines from local stores—based on friends’ recommendations or ones they already like.
- Technology - Boomer Women are active media consumers and adopters of consumer electronics technologies for music, movies, e-readers and smartphones.
What the experts are saying:
“Let’s look ahead ten or twenty years: The top marketing executives at the top companies and organizations are going to be the ones who figured out how to effectively connect with the hearts, minds and wallets of Boomer women 50+. Here’s the guidebook.”
Maddy Dychtwald, co-founder of Age Wave and author of Influence: How Women’s Soaring Economic Power will Transform Our World for the Better and Ken Dychtwald, president and CEO of Age Wave and author of A New Purpose: Redefining Money, Family, Work, Retirement and Success
“A crucial research book for marketing thinkers and doers, not data gatherers. Fueled by the voices of vibrant women over fifty, Carol Orsborn and Stephen Reily assess and showcase a demographic often marginalized by mainstream advertising and marketing. If you want to know what is really on the minds of Baby Boomer women, don’t ask them – just let them talk. That’s what VibrantNation.com and this book let them do.”
Amy Ferris, author of Marrying George Clooney, Confessions from a Midlife Crisis
“The authors provide creative and original marketing frameworks and insights with which leading-edge marketers can build powerful branding and advertising campaigns.”
Kathy Kinney and Cindy Ratzlaff, authors of Queen of Your Own Life: The Grown-Up Woman’s Guide to Claiming Happiness and Getting the Life You Deserve.
About the authors:
Stephen Reily, entrepreneur, marketing expert, and active blogger, founded VibrantNation.com, the leading online community exclusively devoted to the influential and fast-growing Boomer demographic of smart, successful women over 50, after researching the lack of media geared toward women 50+ and spending years listening to women themselves identify their interests and needs.
Dr. Carol Orsborn is an internationally recognized author, blogger, and thought leader on issues related to Boomer women, adult development, and work/life balance. Carol served as Vibrant Nation’s senior strategist from 2008-2011. A public relations veteran, she co-founded the first initiative by a global PR firm dedicated to helping companies market to the Boomer generation. A pioneer of the business and consciousness movement, Carol has written 18 books on the connection between success and quality of life, including Boom: Marketing to the Ultimate Power Consumer—the Baby Boomer Woman (coauthored with Mary Brown) and The Art of Resilience.
Media and Brands: To receive a free copy of the perfect-bound book in the mail, please complete this entire form.
Contact the author: