Female thinning hair doesn’t have to be the end of the world. With a few style tricks and techniques, you can make your hair look fuller and more beautiful without resorting to a bunch of extreme measures. Learn what to do and what not to do to show off the best of your hair instead of the worst.
Female Thinning Hair
It doesn’t get all the attention that male hair problems receive, but female thinning hair is a common issue. Many women find themselves facing this trouble as they go through menopause, when they already have plenty of symptoms and problems to worry about. The stress of thinning hair can be extremely counter-productive, as stress actually makes hair loss even worse.
Calm down. Hair loss is not the worst thing in the world, though it definitely feels that way. Start stocking up on the right products, and master the right style techniques, to boost your hair and give it the volume and lift that you want.
Creating Hairstyles for Thin Hair
Hairstyles for thin hair are more than using the right kind of hairspray. Start thinking about all aspects of your hair care, and make changes to your routine, to get the thick hair look you want.
- Conditioner: Thinning hair? Women can do themselves a favor by ditching the conditioner completely. If you can’t live without it, choose a lightweight conditioner that won’t leave a residue on your locks. Hair oil, applied to wet hair after a shampoo, is a lightweight way to give hair moisture.
- Color: The more color you have to your hair, the better. Try getting your locks dyed in a basket weave design that uses two colors to create contrast. This multi-tonal effect will capture light and shadow to give your hair the illusion of volume.
- Health: Are you getting enough iron? This nutrient is essential to strong hair. Eat plenty of leafy greens to keep your hair strong. You’ve got to take good care of the hair you’ve got to prevent female hair thinning in the future and keep your existing locks looking great.
- Massage: Before you go to bed at night or when you wake up in the morning, massage your scalp in a circular motion. This will get blood flowing, something that’s essential for hair growth.
- Brush: Get rid of that metal hairbrush with the hard bristles, and switch to a soft nylon brush instead. This will cause a lot less breakage. After all, you don’t want to lose the hair you do have.
Your hair is changing, and that means you have to change the way you’re styling it. Female thinning hair is a pain to deal with and it’s pretty scary, but if you make some adjustments to your daily routine you will see an improvement in the way your locks look.