I am a baby boomer, at the young end but booming all the same.
Some of my contemporaries are complaining that boomering is slowly fading them into invisibility.
A visiting priest at my church once said,
“The best thing about turning sixty this week is that I will no longer have to keep up my image as a sex symbol.”
I haven’t turned sixty yet and I don’t think I ever aspired to sex symbolism but the best thing for me about booming is:
- No one gropes me, chats me up, sidles closer to me on a bus,
- Stares, wolf whistles, rubs against me on the tube,
- Honks horns, flirts shamelessly, makes kissing noises as I walk,
- Mentally undresses me, calls me chick, yells sexist comments from a car,
- Remarks on my breasts, leers at the flicker of my tongue, or pinches my bottom.
If this is invisibility then BRING IT ON!