I decided, a few months after I separated from my husband, that I would start saying “yes” to things instead of “no.” I decided the time was right to venture into the real world sans husband. Some of these may seem like very tiny steps to some of you…but each tiny step signifies my willingness to branch out.
2. Bought colorful…and beautiful pencil skirts from JCrew…Vibrant Flame is my favorite…and I have the sweater to match. No more black every, single day. Oh, I still wear black, but I love those pops of color in my closet.
3. Every time my sister calls and says, “Hey you wanna…fill in the blank…” I say, “Sure. When do we leave?” Shopping, movies, dinner, just hanging out with her and her grandkids.
4. Sushi. Never had tried it. I ate it, and I loved it.
5. Raw Oysters. Had tried them once, but tried them again in Seattle on a business trip…loved them.
6. Turbo Kick. Yes.
7. Plays with my coworkers…yep. Tomorrow night is Blues Brothers. We plan to have fun, and I know we will.
8. Line dancing lessons. This one will be interesting…and funny I’m sure. We start in April. I’m excited.
9. Sleeping late when I feel like it…yep.
10. Getting involved in an organization dedicated to helping people in poverty…yep. I’m now on the Board of Directors.
11. Waking up every day knowing there will be opportunities…yep, yep, yep!
12. Taking an online session with this wonderful woman to help me get “unstuck”…yep.
My social calendar was empty just a couple of months ago. Now, it’s just where I want it. I am actually in demand .
Oh…and I’ve learned to say “no” too. When I don’t feel like doing something, I just smile and say, “no, thank you.”
Life is good!