Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Election Hot Conversation

Do you believe this?  Do you trust the County Clerk that somehow there were over 14,000 votes in this county that weren’t counted?  That suddenly the winner is now David Prosser?   Can we trust that our votes are counted, and counted correctly not just in this election but in ANY election?

Posted in news.

1. The Supreme Court gets it right…
  2. Supreme Court rolls back campaign spending limits
  3. The Worst Supreme Court Decision of my Lifetime
  4. “Ave Maria” Up to the Supreme Court
  5. Failure of Empathy n Justice

1. ThurmanLady ThurmanLady says

I don’t know that we can always count on elections to be right; there are a lot of shenanigans going on all too often (ACORN, Black Panthers) but this one appears to be a bit different; it’s one entire city that was left out (it seems to me someone would have to notice THAT!).  I read the National Review account, as well, and while the story was the same, the comments were interesting.  At least this one doesn’t sound like fraud; it sounds more like incompetence.

With all of the technology we have at our disposal, why in the heck do we still have to have these kinds of problems?  Citizenship should be proven; votes should be counted correctly – including absentees – and this sort of thing should not happen.  That won’t stop any harassment, but it would go a long way toward not having this sort of dispute. ♥

• azul azul says

It was definetly incompetence.  I think the verdict is out on whether it wasn’t fraud too.  Time hopefully will let us know.

2. Generic Image SIZZELN says

azul, This is America, and it was founded on …remember it was occupied…TRACK…AND NO MATTER WHO GETS IN WE’RE SCREWED…TRACK

• azul azul says

Track, I am beginning to agree with you though I do feel there are politicians who really care about this country and the people they serve.   They are a minority though and as a result, we are screwed…..

3. watruw8ing4 watruw8ing4 says

“This is human error, which I apologize for — which is common in this process.”

Common? No. Not with today’s technology and oversight. I think the human error was trusting her to perform – alone – at a level she is incapable of.

• Olga Olga says

Amen to that!

If she was in the private sector, she’d be fired.

• azul azul says

And in the public sector she should be fired too. There isn’t any room for this kind of incompetence.  There are lots of public employees who are excellent, honest, competent employees and this woman and people like her give public employees a bad name.  I know that this happens in the private sector too.  Shouldn’t happen anywhere.

• ThurmanLady ThurmanLady says

She’s probably in a union… :D

• Generic Image SIZZELN says

And she is still paying dues and taxes, for those that need it…TRACK

• azul azul says

• azul azul says

For something like this, elections, why should anyone have this type of complete control?  Why wasn’t there some oversight.  She kept the vote tally using ‘access’.  THere have already been questions by people who use access questioning her response saying she forgot to ‘save’.  Most of what I have read states you don’t need to ‘save’ in access…it automatically ‘saves’.  Time will tell…..

• Olga Olga says

Having used Access, I will say that it at least asks you if you want to save. However, having also screwed up with Access, I will say that, depending on who sets up the data fields and how well the person operating it is trained, you can mess up.

I do hope that this department has some type of Root Cause Analysis procedure to review the process. Systems should be set up to minimize the possibility of ‘human error’.

• watruw8ing4 watruw8ing4 says

Access has autosave. But it can be turned off. And the time period between saves is user-altered. So if Access is set to autosave every hour and the application crashes (as MS apps are prone to do) at 59 minutes, data is lost. I agree with you that it’s easy to mess up. I suspect that that’s what happened, rather than the “forgot to save” reason.

4. Generic Image SIZZELN says

She’s not in this by herself, there is someone with power behind it…TRACK

• ThurmanLady ThurmanLady says

Do you think this was deliberate?  If so, why miss one entire city?  That has to be noticed. ♥

• azul azul says

I guess I just don’t trust what happened to be legitimate.   I was watching this election VERY closely.  The night of the election it was very close….by the time I went to bed it looked like Prosser was going to win though not by much.  They were still counting.  HE’s the conservative and the incumbent.  At that point even though I didn’t like the result, I didn’t feel it was fraud.   In the morning, the woman (Kloppenberg)  was the winner, although not by much.  I liked that.  Either way, when I went to be and the guy won, or in the morning when the woman won, I felt this was legitimate and I would have accepted either one. I think the voters of Wisconsin would have accepted either one.   At that point though, the results were so close, an automatic recount was going to happen and neither candidate would have to pay for it out of their pocket.  OK, do the recount and let the voter’s choice win.  But when the county clerk suddenly ‘found’ a whole town’s votes, when she has a history of problems with elections, when she was very active in the Republican party and when Prosser was at one time her boss, when she had moved the election stuff from the county computer to her computer in her office, I have a big problem with that. She suddenly not only found enough votes for Prosser to win but for a recount not to be automatic, where the woman would have to pay for it with her own money/??  No I don’t trust these results.  Why was she allowed to even do things differently from ALL the other counties in Wisconsin?    Why was she allowed to keep her job when she has had issues before????   Would you trust results from her????

• ThurmanLady ThurmanLady says

No, I wouldn’t trust her to do her job well, obviously.  As I said earlier, she probably keeps her job due to being in a union or maybe political ties?  I don’t know, but I do know that one of my pet peeves is that voting is different in just about any place in the US; with all of our technology you’d think we would do something about that.

If she was trying to commit fraud, it would be pretty stupid to do it that way.  I still think it’s incompetence, pure and simple. ♥

• azul azul says

TL, have you ever been in a union?  I have, for at least 20 years.   A union doesn’t prevent you from getting fired if you are incompetent.  It does keep you from being fired for political reasons, or just because someone doesn’t like you…ie, they want a cute, blond 20 year old doing your job;).  My husband has also been a union employee.  Both of us have seen people get fired when they don’t do their job!   A person in a union CAN and WILL be fired if they are incompetent and they should be!

She is an elected official and has worked in several different areas for Republicans.   The county she represents is heavily Republican.

• ThurmanLady ThurmanLady says

No, I’ve never been in or around a union; I said it first as a joke (see my :D ) as, I believe, that’s what this vote was all about.

Of course, if she’s an elected official, she may just have to be defeated in her next run (if she’s up to actually running again!).  Apparently the city that was missed was also heavily Republican. ♥

• watruw8ing4 watruw8ing4 says

If we did something about that, it would have to be done by the Feds. And then you’d be wondering why the states weren’t in charge of their voting processes.  :)

• ThurmanLady ThurmanLady says

You may have a point, there.  Actually I have no problem with rules and regulations at the federal level for some of those things that are important to the nation as a whole.  This would be one of them.  It’s the rules and regs that affect our personal lives that I object to.

If someone decided to “invent” a foolproof technological device for voting, and the requirement set by the feds was that each voter had to be registered a certain way (in this case legal citizen, not dead, etc.) – which I would think is already a federal requirement – then each voter could go to their voting place, show their voter registration card and get on that technological device and vote.  It would tally as it goes with no one’s vote getting “lost” or being found in the trunk of a car or whatever the current lingo for voting fraud might be.  Of course something like that just might be too logical. ♥

• azul azul says

I absolutely agree… so sad that this happens..

5. Generic Image sadie says

Welcome to Florida……we never have elections that go smoothly….remember 2001 and the George Bush/Al Gore debacle and the hanging chad excuses with several recounts?…what a joke, changed completely the way we voted here to electronically, and still we have issues with lost votes, late entries so they don’t get counted….some things never change…incompetence is the word of the day

• azul azul says

Hi Sadie.  Yes I do remember the mess in Florida.  The final count verified that Al Gore had the majority of the votes in Florida (and the majority of the popular vote in the US).   Pretty scary if our votes don’t count and the voice of the people isn’t heard.  Incompetence, lying and stealing elections are the words of the day…..