overheard on vibrant nation
- How can I be a better friend?
- Chunky lashes age you (3 mascara tricks that won’t)
- The best fitness advice I ever got
work & money
Occupy Wall Street—from home
You already know you can’t rely on Wall Street to fund your retirement. But did you know you have other options?
How to control and grow your money — and still keep the tax advantages of an IRA.
fashion & beauty
Trend-proof your wardrobe: 5 tips
For those of us who have changed jobs, retired, or simply switched our lifestyle recently, runway trends just don’t seem relevant. The down economy plays a part in our style decisions, too. Here’s my “reality take” on fashion now.
- Forget the cookies — how about a holiday booze exchange?
- How to get a second date (if you want one)
- Jobs our new-grad kids should be considering (but aren’t)
our blog circle
Would you trade stuff for time?
Our tools and gadgets (first washing machines and cars, then computers and smartphones) were supposed to give us time. Instead, all we do is produce and consume more. How do we break the consumption habit?
family & relationships
Have you learned to forgive?
I’ve always been hard on myself, not very forgiving. But you can’t heal if you can’t forgive. So I’m learning to like forgiveness. Forgiveness for my sleepless nights, my aches and pains, my wrinkles. What about you? What are you better able to forgive now?