Today’s Featured Comment
I am willing to wait for an emotional connection. Sex, to me, is more about what’s in my head first. Once in awhile I see someone who seems like he might tick all the boxes…no pun intended, but I’m never really interested enough to bother.
I finally wrote down what I will be looking for when I decided to look.
- Financially secure…I do not respect men who expect me to pay for everything. My almost last ex husband spent every dime he had and a lot of what I had…and I am left with his debt…which I assumed just to get it over with. I still came out better off.
- Along with financial security I want someone who is generous, and not just to me. I want someone who sees the needs of others and quietly steps in to help to the degree he can.
- Those two add up to security, and that is important to me.
- Someone with a sense of humor, but not at the expense of others. I don’t like it when people make fun of others.
- Someone who won’t be flattered and succumb to every short skirt that walks by (first ex husband).
- Someone who will at least pretend to think my daughters, sister, niece, nephew, etc. Are as wonderful as I know they are.
- Someone who appreciates when I cook a special meal or his favorite cake…and doesn’t criticize (ex 2)
- Someone who notices when I dress up and smell good.
- Someone who is masculine, but not macho.
- Smart, but not a smart a–.
In return, I will respect, lift up, and support. And not expect perfection, since I am far from it. I guess I want a lover, not just sex. Is that too much to ask?