How to get people to read your blog:
- Get people to read your blog by visiting other blogs on the same topic, commenting on their content, with a link back to your blog.
- You want to offer good information and thoughtful comments — which other bloggers like — not just chime in to hawk your blog, which annoys other bloggers.
- Cross-promotion is good. If you read something valuable on another blog, create your own blog post commenting on what you read and sending your readers to that blog to read the rest of the content.
- Never, never copy and paste someone else’s entry without the creator’s permission — just quote from it, and always credit the blogger with name, blog title, and link.
- Then write to that blogger and tell him or her what you did, with a link back to your blog. He/she will likely appreciate the additional traffic you’ve sent, and might reciprocate. Even if not, it’s good karma and good networking.
In other words, give generously first. Others will do the same.
Share your own tip for increasing traffic to your blog!