Today’s Featured Comment
I have eliminated refined sugar and white flour and have been trying to keep my net carbs (grams of carbs minus grams of fibre) to between 20 – 30 grams per day. I can’t believe the difference in my health. Where do I begin?
- I have been sleeping more soundly,
- I don’t have the sugar highs and lows so my energy throughout the day is more consistent,
- my skin and hair look healthier,
- my weight is going down by about a half a pound a week,
- I have stopped having heart palpitations and as a result have increased by caffeine intake a bit (which helps combat dementia in older women).
- Above all, I have no food cravings. . . I eat because I’m hungry and I am not tempted by sweet desserts.
It has been great!
[This comment was originally posted in this conversation. ~ Eds.]
Have you cut back on sugar and white flour?
What results did you see?