new on vibrant nation
- How I reconnected with myself creatively
- I just found the best panties ever — seriously
- Lies we women tell: “50 is the new 30”
Why I love Anna Quindlen
Anna Quindlen’s essays always make me think. Her latest collection is a joyful celebration of life as a mature woman. It’s reflective, thoughtful…and reminds me why I wouldn’t trade being in my fifties for the chance to be younger.
Scars will fade
One of the benefits of growing older is the sense of perspective it brings. When trouble comes, the idea that something is “the end of the world,” has been replaced by “This, too, shall pass.”
- Mother of the bride — tips for choosing the perfect dress
- Best way to tell me I have a chin hair (this just happened to me!)
- Finding a job without a reference
work & money
“The Death Talk” — what aren’t you telling your family?
No one wants to think about it. But if you don’t take the time to plan, your wishes and your family’s financial security could be at risk.
postcards to our younger selves
“Get ready for the ride of your life. Prepare for greatness!”
What would you write in a postcard to your younger self?
Read more postcards on VN — or write your own.
new vn report
Don’t Say “Retirement”
You can reinvent yourself — and your career — after 50! Your fellow vibrant women share their reinvention stories and advice in our newest report. Download your copy — it’s free to all VN members!