Sex toys have been around for a long time. In fact, in the early 1900s, vibrators for women were advertised in the Sears & Roebuck as a “lady’s aid” for “female problems and relief.”
Unfortunately, mainstream distribution of all sexually related items, including birth control, was ended due to a moral crusader named Anthony Comstock who rallied support from the public and the government. Fortunately, vibrators for women are much more accepted these days, and even doctors are talking about the possible benefits of vibrator use as a part of healthy sex life.
Many couples participate in vibrator use both alone and together, allowing them to to tap into creative sex and the pleasures they bring. In the Vibrant Nation Health Guide, A Woman’s Guide to Great Sex After 50: Getting Your Mind, Body and Relationship Ready for Pleasure, Dr. Pepper Schwartz explains:
“A lot of touching and using toys not only stokes up erotic desire, it also gets everyone excited without having a male partner have to last forever during intercourse. For one thing, as we age, our knees, backs, hips, and pelvis need a little relief, or sex will be more painful than pleasing.”
The benefits of vibrators for women can include:
- Enhanced sexual performance: Vibrators for women can allow one to perform sexual acts that may be difficult to sustain for long periods of time. There is, of course, the obvious issue that many men find a challenge in that they may reach orgasm more quickly than their female partner and then are unable to continue with using their erect penis to pleasure her. Vibrator use allows him to stimulate her quickly in the beginning to the point of orgasm so that she is already sated before he climaxes, or after he does. This way she will always feel equally satisfied.
- Decreased effort and cramping: Sex often requires precarious positions and repetitive motion that can cause major fatigue in your fingers, hands, neck, back, legs or mouth. Vibrators for women allow continued pleasuring with less work and effort. Further, vibrators use can allow sexual release for those with partners who have disabilities that keep them from normal sexual performance.
- Timing isn’t an issue with vibrators: For women who are tired of getting turned down when they’re feeling amorous, vibrator use can be a wonderful thing!
- Good health: Orgasms release stress and tension, and that’s a scientifically proven fact. They can be a pleasant way to start the day or a great remedy for a sleepless night. Vibrators for women can provide orgasms any time of the night or day!
- No partner, no problem! You can use a vibrator alone or with a partner.
- Long distance partner? Vibrators for women allow partners to have incredible phone sex while separated from one another for a while.
If you’re ready to try female masturbation with vibrators for women, but you’re not quite sure where to start, download our free report Toys for Grown Women containing expert information about the best vibrators for women and vibrator reviews written from a mature woman’s perspective.