Can natural recipes and remedies can help you unlock the secrets of how to stop grey hair before it appears? Preventative methods can help you stave off grey hair color and keep the color you were born with a little longer. Don’t let premature grey hair force you into dyeing before your time.
Natural grey hair treatments
Grey hair causes slow change. You aren’t going to wake up with a full head of silver overnight. Usually, grey hairs appear strand by strand — first, one or two at a time and later maybe a handful at once. You’ll see your grey hair color coming, and that gives you time to work on preventing it. Grey hair pills and other treatments claim that they know how to stop grey hair, but there isn’t a lot of evidence that they’re safe. Natural remedies for grey hair color might help.
- Massage. Increase blood flow to the scalp with coconut oil massages. Gently rub the oil directly into your head daily for 10 to 15 minutes. The oil will stimulate blood and warm the scalp, helping keep cells healthy and functioning to avoid pigment loss that causes grey hair color.
- Take vitamins. You don’t need special hair vitamins to prevent premature grey hair. Take daily multivitamins containing folic acids and B12, which hair needs to stay healthy. A healthy body leads to healthier hair.
- Relax. Reduce stress in your life to avoid early grey hair color. Stress does cause grey hair, so it’s a good idea to relax regularly and practice stress-relieving techniques to keep your hair color longer.
- Diet. Eat a healthy diet, rich in protein, to prevent premature grey hair. Nutrition deficiencies can cause grey hair color to appear before its time. You need plenty of zinc and iron, copper and protein to keep your color healthy. Natural iodine also keeps your color rich and pretty. Incorporate spinach and carrots into your meals to get more iodine.
- Drink water. Drinking lots of water, and reducing caffeine, can prevent grey hair color from appearing. When your body is dehydrated the necessary nutrients your hair needs can’t travel through your system, so drink plenty of fluids and avoid fried foods that dry out the body.
Learn more grey hair color secrets in our free special report, 7 Keys to Grey hair treatment after 50: Best hair care products, and tips for styling and coloring grey hair whether you choose to cover or embrace your grey.