These light sprays thicken, reinforce, and fatten fine, thin, fragile hair temporarily between shampoos.
- Simply spray damp or dry hair at the roots—all over or just where needed.
- For example, to lift flat, limp hair off the scalp or add texture to short, cropped hair, mist the roots before blow-drying. Apply a spray root to tips to increase over-all body for a look of more hair.
- This works best if you bend at the waist and blow-dry dry hair upside down using your fingers to add movement and separation.
- Bumble & Bumble Thickening Spray ($40 click to buy)
This is one of the first and still one of the best.
- Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Style Root Lifter Spray Gel ($4.70 click to buy)
Polymers in this formula form an invisible film around the hair shaft preventing humidity and perspiration from causing frizz at the roots.
- Phyto Phytovolume Actif Maximizing Volume Spray—Fine Limp Hair ($28 click to buy)
Botanical proteins are behind the lift and body of this pro favorite that is activated by the heat of your blow-dryer. The super-fine mist is perfect for women experiencing hair loss or thinning hair.