new on vibrant nation
- Face breaking out at 53 — help!
- Husband as “friend with benefits” (How I saved my marriage)
- New opportunities are popping up! Is 60 too late to change careers?
Talk with your spouse. Talk with your parents. Talk with your siblings. Having honest conversations now lets you know what your loved ones want…and can help ensure that they live life on their terms.
our blog circle
My empty nest: A case of misplaced identity
Finally, my children had both gone off to college and I was (finally!) able to do whatever I wanted. But I was surprised to discover that I had no idea what “whatever I wanted” was.
- How I lost 50 pounds — slowly (and naturally)
- Instead of fighting with your spouse: Try this instead
- My two years as a caregiver: What I learned
More than a mystery — a story about a woman like us
I’m no longer interested in novels featuring characters in their twenties — I prefer characters closer to my own age. This is a mystery involving horses and murder — but it’s also a story about mid-life decisions, and having the courage to face life head-on.
postcards to our younger selves
“Chill out. You are okay as is.”
What would you write in a postcard to your younger self? Read more postcards on VN — or write your own.