Many women reach a certain age and decide, that’s it, it’s time to cut my hair. Many women are challenging the idea that women of a certain age should cut their hair short and it’s not uncommon to see many older women wearing longer hair.
Still, many women find that their hair changes over time — often in not-so-good ways. After 50, women’s hair can become dry, hard to manage, and can become thin and sparse — or at least as not full and thick as it was in their 20s. When that happens, sometimes going for a chic, stylish new look is just what you need. Short hairstyles for fine hair can often make thinning hair look thicker and fuller, and make you feel as sexy as you’ve ever been.
If you’re wondering why short hairstyles for fine hair are usually recommended, consider these reasons:
- Hairstyles for fine hair are usually short to eliminates weight that can drag your hair down. Even worse, it can actually promote increased hair loss.
- If you’re experiencing female hair thinning temporarily due to stress, medication, or damage from multiple processes. Having your hair cut in a popular hairstyle for fine hair provides a chance for your hair to grow back or fill in without stress from lots of styling.
- A short hairstyle for fine hair is likely to make your hair look thicker. For example, a cut with long, heavy top layers can make hair look thicker and give your style a more defined shape.
If you’re looking for a short hairstyles for thinning hair, consider the following resources to help you make your decision:
- All about Bob: Learn more about the best hairstyle for fine hair
Bobs are one of the most popular hairstyles for fine hair. because it has so many options and interpretations.
- Hip, Short Hair After 50: When to Cut and How to Do It Right (Free PDF with photos)
After 50, a long hairstyle that has flattered you for years may now be detracting from your looks. But going super short at any age is a serious move. Here’s what you need to know to do super short hair right.
- 10 great short hairstyles for women over 50
Try a short curly ‘do like Alfre Woodard’s, a sassy boyish style like Sharon Stone, an office-ready cut like Katie Couric’s, or sexy bangs like Kris Jenner.
- Would you look good with short hair? Ask yourself these three questions
John Frieda once told me the way to tell if you’ll look good with short hair is to ask yourself these three questions.