Frizz will make even the cutest hairstyles for thin hair look ragged, unkempt and much thinner than you want. When half your hair is curling up or frizzing out uncontrollably, your whole head will look fuzzy and it’s not going to do a thing to hide your thinning hair. Women with thin hair absolutely don’t want to deal with frizz on top of that.
Controlling frizzy hair
You need all your hairs operating at their best to make hairstyles for thin hair work, so any hint of frizz could wreck the whole thing and expose your thinning hair. Women can use various tricks to keep locks smooth and healthy-looking, whether you wear them long or short, curly or straight.
- Vitamin E capsules. Open a Vitamin E capsule in your hands and spread the juices over your fingers. Gently run your fingers over and through your hair, and the Vitamin E will naturally counter-act frizz to keep your hair smooth.
- Cool it down. Turn your hair dryer to cool mode after you’ve dried it your usual way. The cold air adds shine to hair and helps to control and prevent frizz.
- Deep conditioning. Give your hair a deep conditioning treatment to keep frizz at bay. Mix one egg with equal parts mayonnaise and olive oil to create your own conditioning treatment. Work it through your hair, then cover your head with a shower cap or towel. Leave the conditioner for 15 to 30 minutes, then shampoo the conditioner out. Once your hair dries, the rich conditioning treatment should help prevent frizz.
- Spray-in conditioner. Mix your usual conditioner with water and place the formula in a spray bottle. Spritz your hair lightly after styling to prevent frizz.
- Conditioning lotion. Rub just a little of your normal conditioner on your palms, then pat this lightly over your styled hair to prevent frizz and flyaways.
- Drink water. Moisturize your hair by moisturizing your body. Drink plenty of water to keep your scalp and hair moist, preventing frizz.
- Don’t towel dry. The last thing you want to do is rub your wet hair with a towel. Air-drying is a much better option, because the friction of the towel will only promote static electricity and rough up your locks to create frizz.
- Rinse. Make your own hair rinse using a ½ cup of apple cider vinegar and ½ cup water. Pour this rinse through your hair after normal conditioning. The mixture will help correct the pH balance of your hair, stripping away chemicals and buildup that can create frizz.
Anti-frizz treatments aren’t thinning hair remedies, but they will keep your locks looking healthier and smoother to make your hair look much less frizzy. Sleek, well-groomed hairstyles for thin hair can hide female hair thinning and keep your look stylish.
Find more ways to keep your style looking great in our free special report, Expert Solutions for Thinning Hair & Female Hair Loss Treatments.