Today’s Featured Comment
- First of all get yourself a soft pillow so that you can sleep on your back.
- Then put a set of spoons in the freezer so that you can use them first thing in the morning. Pop two spoons on your eyes in the morning. These will jumpstart your circulation as well as reduce the swelling from overnight.
- Find a silicone-based foundation in a shade slightly darker than your natural color. This is a one product area – except for the HD setting powder coming up so the silicone formula acts as a primer as well. You’ll be using this under your eye. Apply with a small flat synthetic brush. Use a tiny amount. The sound of your brush should make is blend, blend, blend, blend, blend.
- Blend out all the edges. Now move to the second eye, complete that before doing any touchups.
- Brush a light coat of HD mineral translucent powder over the area with a small eyeshadow pony brush. (www.janetlamar.com) You want this area to appear as smooth as possible.
- Now finish your eye make-up by choosing an eyeshadow shade that is either lighter or darker than the tone that you’ve put beneath your eye. You want to take attention away from that area.
- Add a thin line of a silicon-based waterproof liner on the TOP lid only, one coat of mascara and don’t forget your brows! Nothing goes under the bottom lashes.
I find the best brushes are by Sonia Kashuk at Target. They are manufactured by the same USA company that the high-end department store brands use. Don’t pay more for great quality!
[This comment was originally posted in this conversation. ~ Eds.]
Minimizing bags under the eyes – what works for you?
Have you used Sonia Kashuk makeup brushes? Rate them below: